Monday, May 18, 2009

BHARATH –A 20yr Sojourn

So far I have talked about general topics in my blog. Today I am going to start off a series of osts about me and my life. Hope it makes an interesting read.
I am dividing it into 3 parts:
Ancient Bharath(1989-1995)
Medieval Bharath(1995-2001)
Modern Bharath (2001-present day)


Ancient Bharath is a period which I don’t remember. Whatever I know is by way of what my parents told me.
Ancient Bharath:
1989-1991:

On 24th may 1989 I was born In Kakinada at a hospital whose name I don’t remember. Kakinada being the place where my great grandparents were staying. After a week of my birth I set off on a journey to Vijayawada to my home sweet home. I have been told that it was a long difficult journey in a stormy weather.

In fact after a few days the road which we came by was completely inundated. After a few months I shifted to an apartment where I became connoisseur of all eyes. All my neighbours made regular visits to my house to play around with me. Unlike most toddlers of present day I was fond of milk. This earned me de nick name of Milk Tanker.

My first birthday was celebrated in a grandway on a rooftop restaurant. All my far, near and dear came down to celebrate my completion of first revolution around the fireball called sun. 

 My second year was spent in playing around with toys and breaking stuff at home. I was giving my parents tough times. As they say idle mind is devils workshop. Probably I was behaving devilish. This made my parents decide on putting me in school as early as possible.


Very soon my 2nd birthday was nearing and this time my birthday celebrations were subdued because of Rajiv gandhi’s assassination just days before my birthday. As a result there was curfew and somehow my dad managed to get a plum cake and celebrate in the best way possible. This birthday marked the end of my jolly and free life. I was sent into a Christian missionary school called NSM public school. The teachers were all scary with their long white gowns. They resembled devils and I was petrified and terrified by them.  

This was how my 1st bday party invitation looked like:

"Dear uncle,

As i am completing 365 days of my arrival on 24th May 1990. I am inviting you to my birthday party  along with aunty and my sweet little friends at Vijaya Krishna roof top restuarant .

I promise not to wet your clothes

Note:  I do not like gifts 

Bharath Vaishnov"

2 comments:

Rahul said...

The sheer attempt to pen down ur life in words is a commendable job and wen the same is well done,it seems to b rewarded by virtue of a clean n clear flow of feelings..congrats...looking forward to the other stages of ur life...;)

Anonymous said...

heyy...this was gr8..reading abt u..
a very good attempt..would like to read more..do write.

Aditya Soni.